1. We are lucky to have such good friends as @lelonopo to not only support us (and the Borealis especially), but who lets us know when there are great sales on wine at New Seasons!
2. Monday was full of visitors and wine, we had a group of sommeliers from amazing Portland restaurants out to visit with our Oregon distributor, Vinum, and were treated to a blend tasting by Ben to help nail down the components of the 2012 Reserve Pinot Noir. It's going to be a stellar bottling!
3. This is a first (for me, at least)! I am amazed by what people find to pair with our wines, and @portlandcigarguy found that an Alec Bradley Prensado - Churchill cigar paired with a clean and crisp Borealis wine by Montinore which cleans the palate with each sip.
4. Our first 2012 Pinot Noir started to go into bottle Wednesday morning. We will have it available on the website and in the tasting room in the next couple of weeks!
5. @miapod3 says "Nothing is better than buying myself a nicely chilled bottle of #oregon #Montinore #whitetablewine - 36% muller-thurgau, 30% riesling, 20% gerwurztraminer and 14% pinot gris. Great blend of organic grapes from #germany!"
6. Even with this last heat wave, the grapes are doing wonderfully. Here is our Pinot Gris from Block 8, which is showing beautiful overall color.
Here is some links we clicked this week:
- How perfect, Wine Folly did a piece on pairing wine with Mexican food (I know that many of us tend to reach for a beer when enjoying tacos), but since we are having Taco Pedaler out here for the Crush Party, this is a good guide to start with!
- Over at Wine Spectator, James Molesworth, has an interesting blog about wine and food pairing, for the main course both people suggested completely different wines and ended up with a split decision - which just goes to show, even with highly trained palates, everyone appreciates wine and food slightly differently.
- Rudy was featured on the local news, KOIN, to discuss the latest heat wave that has hit the area and how it has been affecting the grapes that are just about ready to be picked.
This weekend we will:
Be staying right here in the Tasting Room all weekend to enjoy some of the last warm weekend days of the summer. Hope to see you out here!
The world in which we live in is full of both good and bad. Did or wilol the insurance pay off and replace the cars.