1. Courtsey of our red winemaker, Ben (@bluedogroad), is this beautiful shot of our maple lined vineyard in the afternoon sun.
2. Monday was the day for picking seconds off the Pinot Gris blocks for fruit to be used in our Verjus.
3. Prep 500 was started near our compost pile in the back of the vineyard to be used for the vineyard in 2015.
4. Another lovely mention tucked into the October issue of Portland Monthly from our Facebook friend, Lisa Zirngible Bell.
5. Caught the winemakers communicating through the Gewurztraminer rows.
6. We are getting ready to make our 2013 Verjus, which means that it is time to adjust our palate and try everything else out on the market.
Here is some links we clicked this week:
- We are so proud of our neighbors, Elk Cove, as they were just named as one of the Wineries of the Year from Wine & Spirits magazine.
- We are always shocked and delighted by what the Union Wine Company is able to come up with, the newest addition to their family is this amazing mobile tasting room making it's debut this weekend at Feast.
- Kristin has had me craving this easy tomato cobbler from Mark Bittman all week, thankfully we have plenty of tomatoes left on the vine - seems like a perfect easy evening meal for this weekend with our Almost Dry Riesling.
This weekend we will:
Be pouring Friday and Saturday at the Feast Grand Tasting from Noon - 5pm. Tickets are still available to join us!