1. Perecting the final blend of the "Red Cap" Pinot Noir with our Director of Consumer Sales, Eddie Zavestoski.
2. It is finally blackberry season around here! I see many pies and cobblers in our near future.
3. @great_gobs said "Serious yum! My #favorite of this trip so far. @montinore #pintonoir #oregon #wine"
4. Everyone from the Marketing department and Winemaking team took a quick KEXP and labeling break Thursday to prepare wine to go to Finland.
5. Rudy has trained our Gewürztraminer vines this year in a Scott Henry trellising style - we are seeing some great fruit out there and larger clusters than years before!
6. Ben dropped off Pinot Wednesday at Clear Creek, so that they can start making some brandy for our upcoming Ruby Port.
Here is some links we clicked this week:
- And it starts! The Northwest grape harvest is officially under way, Marquette was the first varietal to be brought in from wine grower, Paul Champoux, in the Horse Heaven Hills.
- This helpful guide from Buzzfeed with 17 British Slang Terms just helps us to understand our resident Brit, Stephen, a little bit better.
- Willamette Valley Wineries was featured in the L.A. Times for the upcoming Pinot in the City on September 11th.
This weekend we will:
Be staying right here in the Tasting Room all weekend for tasters that will be celebrating the end summer with some Labor Day wine tours. Come visit us!