1. @mowwyyrose enjoyed one of our whites this week after a long day.
2. Excited that we are starting to get info for Oregon Wines Fly Free! September 10 - November 20, Alaska Airlines passengers will be able to check a case of wine for free & when you show your boarding pass, you will receive free tastings here and all the other participating wineries.
3. We are always happy when our friends stop by (in this case it was our broker, Dendor Wines) because it gives us an excuse to enjoy a long lunch full of special items from Rudy's garden.
4. Our Pinot Noir blocks have clusters that have almost completely changed.
5. @mvhedges0 said "Leftover panzenella magically transformed into pasta sauce by @christophehedges, Sarah and Deborah. Amazing with this 2012 Pinot Gris from the amazing#montinore family. I am a happy camper." And we are excited to hear from our other Northwest winery friends!
6. Rudy was happy to show a group of Japanese visitors our winery and vineyards. Always great to share more about biodynamics.
Here is some links we clicked this week:
- Woah. We knew that Oregon was the place to be, but this just proves it. France is coming to the Valley. Burgundy's Louis Jadot has just purchased a vineyard in the Valley.
- We love Wine Country restaurants and I love kickstarter, so it makes me really excited to see Ruddick/Wood moving rapidly towards the end goal to be funded. I can't wait to stop at what will be the newest restaurant in Newberg.
- Now that the team has actually recouped from the events of IPNC (International Pinot Noir Celebration) it is fun to look back at Portland Monthly's Slide Show of the weekend.
This weekend we will:
Be pouring wine at Roth's in Salem today (Friday, August 23rd) at 2:00-5:00 - Stephen Webber, our winemaker, will be there.
Also, we will be at the New Seasons on Hawthorne in Portland Saturday, August 24th at 3:00 pm.