1. @drwilley celebrated with our Rose and the Olympic National Park - the makings of any great day.
2. Our new barrels are here! And boy, they are pretty!
3. The lovely Wine Passionista, Tara O'Leary, included our Almost Dry Riesling in her collection of perfect barbaque wines.
4. The aftermath of pressing the first batch of grapes for verjus on Wednesday.
5. It cooled off in the Valley a bit this week, which made for some lovely wine tasting weather, as evidenced by @seanhill33's visit.
6. The Pinot Noir has changed color quite stunningly over the past week. Now we just need to make sure that the birds don't steal all the fruit!
Here is some links we clicked this week:
- Katherine Cole wrote a lovely piece on Ovum Wines for the Oregonian. Although they have a small production, they are really making every drop special; innovative teams like this make us thankful to be in Oregon.
- Football season is finally upon us, and while many people are busily working on their Fantasy Football team, I am happily working on my formula for the perfect tailgating and wine combo. Fotunately now is the best time to get input from others - here is a handy reference to start with.
- Wine Folly has a wonderful breakdown of the Pinot Gris vs. Pinot Grigio characteristics.
This weekend we will:
Be at Clemente's in Astoria for a winemaker dinner with our Owner and Winegrower, Rudy. Should be a beautiful evening full of great food and plenty of wine.